‘It usually takes me three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech’*
Everyone knows when they have heard a good speech. When the content is relevant, coherent and interesting and it is delivered with an appropriate level of energy and enthusiasm, it can be a thing of beauty.
At the end of this practical workshop, participants will:
- Understand and appreciate what differentiates good and bad speeches.
- Be able to plan the structure and composition of a speech for any occasion.
- Have considered different audience types and how write speeches that take these characteristics into account.
- Know how to use language techniques to capture and retain the audience’s attention.
- Have practised writing and critiquing speeches.
Suitable for: anyone who needs to write speeches or presentations for delivery by themselves or by others.
Duration: 7 hours