The cost of recruiting the wrong person is likely to be in the region 3 times their salary and the majority of performance problem arise from poor recruitment or poor performance management. Good interviewers get the information they need to make good decisions.
At the end of this practical workshop, participants will:
- Be able to conduct a thorough behavioural, evidence based interview.
- Be able to use Critical Incident questioning and the ‘funnel’ technique to gain the maximum amount of genuine information from interviewees.
- Have developed their active listening skills.
- Know how and what to prepare for any interview.
- Be confident about agreeing goals and ‘Fields of Freedom’ in Performance Review interviews.
- Be able to compile and use a Person Profile and Interview Report in selection interviews.
- Have the skills and techniques to manage difficult and emotionally-charged situations in interviews.
Suitable for: Middle & Senior Managers, Executives & Business Owners. Duration: 12-20 hours depending on selected content and level of development of participants.